8.19.2011

together again

my sweet precious petunia was never found, but i have to be at peace that maybe it was her time. maybe she just walked out the door because the after world was calling her. at least i will think of it happening that way. she will forever be held in my heart as my cat priestess.

we had such a close and powerful connection. i'm a huge animal person...stray dogs walk up to me and sit at my feet...cats who don't like to be picked up let me cuddle them on my shoulder. as i was calling out for ruby i came to a pile of old railroad ties...cats love to hide in wood piles...and like someone had yanked my arm from behind to stand still, i heard a little voice....actually loud, and without any mistake i heard "i am fine, go take care of aster now, she needs you"...that was my ruby talking to me. and right there i said my goodbyes and went to fetch aster.

a little rough around the edges, a little desert ranch worn, we loaded her up in the car. luckily i was able to get her in to the doctors just to have a checkup on her overall health...she wasn't at all interested in eating....he asked me questions about her lifestyle with me and her lifestyle at the ranch, or at least as much as i know...he said she was probably depressed...she was healthy, just a little sad. i glad to hear that nothing was ailing her.

the ride home was laden with a heavy heart for ruby, but grateful to have my earth child aster back in my arms.




No comments:

Post a Comment