12.10.2009

el peppercorn cafe makeover

good morning Marathon!



after having a rough round-about for a few months of coffee shop ownership and a very dry summer, i stepped out of the coffee shop for a few months. now i'm back and with the help of my business partner and one loyal, go-get-'er employee, El Peppercorn is introducing her new look. a new bakery case with down home pastries like pound cake, sugar cookies, bite size cupcakes, and mini cheesecakes. also, My scones are back!! after weeks of little hints that turned into begging i'm baking scones again; lemon blueberry, blackberry walnut, chocolate chip, raspberry orange. AND, (my favorite part) gluten free stuff too! i won't be bringing back the gluten free stuff until traffic picks up, maybe for a short stint during the holidays, but definitely by spring break. this will give me time to experiment a little more. and i'll definitely bring back the zuchinni raisin muffins.

eventually our hot breakfast menu will fizzle out along with the panini lunch menu, and it will be replaced with a braoder bagel menu, oatmeal, and yogurt parfaits. lunch will be to-go style, but adaptable to a sit down meal, with things like ham/cheese or spinach/tomato/mozz on a croissant with either pasta or potato salad on the side. so, get your bellies ready as we make all our goods from scratch.

lastly, i'm hiring seasonal employees for SPRING BREAK !! beginning March 1st through the end of May, and maybe a little bit in early June, i will need counter people who can do most of the following: baristas, sandwich makers, food prep, line cooks, dish washers, orders, cash register. it's important that your customer service skills and food service knowledge are top notch. i can train but honestly will not have time to teach you all the ins and outs if you've never done this before. spring break is EXTREMELY HIGH VOLUME and non stop all day long, 7 days a week.

mmm, scones !


cozier main dining area


beautiful, glass bakery case


Rancillio has it's own little counter. and we're replacing the tired Bigelow tea with
Organic Stash teas


mama mixer, baby mixer


donate your action figures to our herb and flower garden. right now it looks like they didn't survive that last snow storm.


more outdoor seating


art for sale, greeting cards by James Evans


also for sale: vintage boots, antiques, paintings by Emily of Texas

8 comments:

  1. I'm GOBSMACKED!!! It looks so cozy I can't wait to see! Just let me know when you'll be in so I can visit you for a cuppa tea and cookies :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the first time I've got to see it. It looks great! And I have to get some of those boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. na, you and molly just need to come visit, please! come in the spring and we can go to Big Bend, please! you'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so so happy to see this! I have been dreaming and hoping that this would happen! YAAAAYYY! Let me know about any help that you might need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...I'm looking for plane tickets. I want to come visit your cute little restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooooookin gorgeous! Mmmm, I miss your scones, too! You are so talented, Miss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This occured during my visit to the small but charming city of Marathon. Thanks to my friend Olivia, we were honered with the food Stephanie did for us. Not knowing her ever,.....I just had to see her once to write this:......

    "From the morning sun
    to the darken silver nights
    I see the blue of your eyes
    as the day goes by
    and in this precious day
    I am greatful to say
    that you eyes stay with me
    as I travel from west to east
    but not only that...
    I have to tip my hat
    couse the panckakes you made
    made better my day
    and when I went to pay
    it was all taken care
    and I became aware
    that it was you...
    Stephanie... and her eyes blue..."
    Frank Diaz

    ReplyDelete