2.20.2010

simple. just plain simple.

where is simple these days. if i were to lay on my couch, all day, blurring my vision in the sun light inching it's way across the closed curtains of my door windows, literally, the time passing, and all i do is lay there and watch, dare i be called lazy. unmotivated. pathetic. wasting  the time away. that time which is mine to do as i please.
no.
my day has merely been simplified. narrowed down to some basics. an uncluttering of clusters.
consciously, not thinking about anything in particular. sometimes sleep occurs. the most peaceful of sleeps. the kind that is neither forced nor anticipated. my mind just eases into it. a trick, but a pleasant one.
i notice sounds. cat purrs. pigeons roosting. a bicycle's tire rotations squeaking. the clicking on and off and on and off the hot water heater. on the other side of the door window...the window that is completely covered by a translucent sea foam green curtain...a bug shadow.

dust gets in my nose. tickles.

cold feet. i inch my legs in fetal position, closer to the center of warmth.

time passes, how much i have no idea, but the shadows have moved. the sun is still shining.

has it only been 22 minutes?
the best 22 minutes i've had in a long time.

it is unfortunate that i know, that i expect, chaos in my nearing future.
it is disruptive to anticipate such happenings. but it is inevitable.
it is saddening to realize that in the next 3 months i may not have another 22 minutes like today.
until it's all over.

but it's only 22 minutes! i say to myself.
a well deserved. well honored. well appreciated. well desired, 22 minutes of simple. just plain simple

No comments:

Post a Comment