3.12.2011

bye, bye burro

my last day working at the famous burro, my fellow bartender and fabulously sweet friend Libbie, organized a going away party in my favor. karaoke, all the local drunks minus the fights, and a thoughtful collage piece that she's so famous for...i got one of my own!! remember, i'm not leaving because i don't like the town, my town, or the people who have become my family...i'm leaving to pursue a path meant only for me. a path that will lead me back to the place that took me under it's wing when i needed it most. i will miss you all !!

my burro girls...libbie, ingrid, sara, angelique
my surrogate parents...kate and clyde
my lovingly neurotic boss...neil
nancy lee, at my former marathon coffee shop....i'm so happy the doors are open for business!
michelle and ron and their rockin' pizza place....god knows marathon needed pizza!!
john sufficool and all his inventions
guil and all the weirdos up on the hill
my favorite good old boy ranchers....shack and stovall
clint, for real...kindred spirit under all those rough edges
rosalinda and thom....thanks for caring so much
bret and katie...always have fun with you two!
zach, donkey man...i will be back with stories for you...your thoughtfulness  never ceases to surprise me even in the midst of your old man grumpiness
jennifer...sister, mother, lover
chooch...ugh, go away, you're just another guy
tim...if you ever decide to clean out your wardrobe, call me first
donut...i have a place for you in my suitcase

i'm not purposefully leaving anyone out, i'm just overwhelmed at the magnitude of support i've received here.
always in my heart.

karaoke

No comments:

Post a Comment