5.01.2010

*** GULF OIL SPILL ***

please, if you live in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Texas...or anywhere else and would like to volunteer...visit AUDUBON ACTION CENTER to sign up. even if you are unable to do on-site work there is information on what you can do on a grassroots level on the shores closest to you. this is tragic people!!!
when i heard about this today my eyes swelled and my heart grew heavy. when i was a kid i would dream about helping animals who have suffered from such disasters. i signed up to help in June. at this point i don't even know if i can bet on this being a definite plan for me. i did it anyway so at least my name is on the roster to receive information. also, THE MOTHER NATURE NETWORK  provides information about the animals most at risk and an up to date blog with the latest news from all periodicals about the spill.

even if you are unable to participate, there are ways to make donations.


1 comment:

  1. See, I'm here!!

    As far as donations go, I'm pretty sure the RICH oil companies can clean up their own mess financially. I think physical help is important, but I'm not throwing out dimes when there are people rich off of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete